In addition to the translation below:
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information at the bottom of this page.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed below. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
1. Personal information
- “Personal information” refers to the “personal information” described in the (Japanese) Act on the Protection of Personal Information. It refers to information that belongs to an existing person, including that person’s name, date of birth, address, phone number, and contact information, as well as other information that can make that person identifiable.
- “History information and characteristic information” is personal information besides the categories listed above, and refers to the services a person uses and products they buy, pages they have viewed, ad history, search keywords, date and time of usage, how the site was used, system/programs used to view the site, postal code, gender, profession, age, IP address, cookie information, location information and unique device identification information.
2. How this site gathers personal information
- This website may ask for a user’s date of birth, address, phone number, e-mail address, bank account number, and/or credit card number when providing its services. We may also obtain personal information from our business partners about transactions between a user and our business partners, like registering for a service or making a purchase. (“Business partners” include parties that provide information, advertisers and advertising services).
- When a user uses our website’s services or the services of our business partners, and/or look at pages on our website, we gather this history information and characteristic information about the user: what services and software were used, what products were purchased, page views and ad history, search keywords, time and date(s) of usage, how the site was used, systems/programs used to view the site (when on a cell phone, signal status, settings), IP address, cookie information, location information, and unique device identification information.
3. Why this site gathers and uses personal information
We can gather and use personal information for the following reasons to provide this site’s services.
- To display information to a user, so they can view and edit/alter their own registration information and services used, we may use registration information including the user’s name, address, contact information, and payment method, the services the user has used and what products they have purchased, as well as information about payment for those services/products.
- To send products and notices to customers, as well as to contact them when it is necessary, we may use contact information including name, address, and e-mail address.
- For convenient data entry, we may display users’ registration information on a screen or forward information to another service (including services provided by business partners) when directed to do so by a user.
- To verify a person’s identity, we may information including that person’s name, date of birth, address, phone number, bank account number, credit count number, and delivery information for registered mail.
- To receive payment for a purchase, we may use information related to that purchase that can include the name of the product, number of products purchased, the kind, frequency and period of time a service is provided, the payment amount owed, purchaser’s name, address, bank account number and/or credit card number.
- In order to refuse service to customers who have violated our terms of services by for example delaying or not making payments or doing damage to third parties, and/or customers who are trying to use our services in a fraudulent or invalid way, we may use information to identify those customers including service usage information, name and address.
- To answer questions from customers, we may use information about the question asked, purchase-related information, information that was necessary to provide services to a customer, that customer’s usage information, as well as their contact information.
- Other reasons that are a consequence of the reasons above.
4. How we manage personal information
In order to keep our customers’ personal information accurate and up to date and prevent loss, damage, alteration, leaks, etc. of personal information, we strictly manage that information by preparing and maintaining a security system and implementing necessary safety measures including thorough training of employees.
5. Disclosure of personal information
- If a customer directly asks for their own personal information, we will disclose that information without delay to the person in question only. However, if one of the following applies when disclosing that information, we may choose not to disclose all or part of the information. If we decide not to disclose any information, we will notify the customer of that fact without delay.
- In cases when possible harm could be done to the customer themselves or to a third party in terms of life, body, or property, or other harm to right and interests
- In cases when it could seriously impede our company’s proper implementation of services
- Cases when it would be against the law
- Regardless of the above, in principle we will not disclose personal information that is not history information and characteristic information.
6. Providing personal information to third parties
- We manage our customer’s personal information in an appropriate manner and will not disclose personal information to a third party without advance consent from the customer in question excepting cases where one of the following applies, or if it is permissible by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws.
- When it is the law to do so
- When the information is necessary in order to protect a person’s life, body, or property and getting consent from the person in question would be difficult
- When there is special need for the information as a matter of public health or in order to promote the sound growth of a child, and getting consent from the person in question would be difficult
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a government body, local government or a party that has been charged with doing government work, in order to allow them to perform duties as prescribed by law, and getting consent from the person in question might impede those duties
- When the following are conveyed directly or publicly announced:
- That usage of personal information will include providing information to third parties, and an explanation of the type of data provided
- The way or method in which the information will be provided to third parties
- The fact that providing the information to third parties can be stopped if the person in question requests
- Regardless of the above, the following do not fall under the category of a third party.
- If the party is entrusted with partial or full personal information in order to fulfill the purpose of this site’s services
- If personal information is provided during succession of business due to a company merger or otherwise.
- If personal information is used along with a particular party, and the following information is relayed to the person in question in advance or is placed somewhere where the person in question can easily find: the fact that personal information is used along with a particular party, the extent of people using the information, the reasons for using the information, and the name of the person(s) or entity in charge of managing and protecting the personal information.
7. Protecting personal information
We take thorough security measures to protect the accuracy and safety of personal information, regularly monitoring news on protecting personal information and working to implement the most up to date security measures.
8.Amending and deleting personal information
When the personal information we have about a customer is incorrect, the customer in question can request that personal information be deleted or amended using the established procedure. When we receive such a request and assess that it’s necessary to comply, we will amend or delete the relevant information and inform the customer we have done so without delay.
This site and service complies with the Japanese laws and regulations pertaining to the kinds of personal information we use.
Please make inquiries about this policy to the following
Address: 3-12-1 Yuriage Higashi, Natori City, Miyagi Prefecture 981-1204
Michinoku Coastal Trail Natori Trail Center
Name of company: NPO Michinoku Trail Club
Phone number: 022-398-6181
E-mail address: email@example.com